Why My Computer Is Too Slow? Common Tips To Improve The Speed Of Computer?
Are you dealing with the most common question “Why my computer is too Slow”? Or why my computer’s performance is not like before? If your answer is yes then you are at correct place. Most of us suffering the same PC issues.
But Right off the bat, first, we have to understand why do PCs turn out to be slower? When you buy a brand new computer it works as a rocket but after few months or years, your computer starts to struggle to even run a basic program. What happened and so many questions will take place all around in the mind. Here I will give you some Tips and Trick to change a maturing PC into a quick machine to complete work! These are all very simple and easy to do that. So let’s start now:
1. Unused Programs: We all have so many eye candies Software which we hardly used or never use the second time. It can be any software or even heavy files. It unnecessarily uses a valuable Disc Space. Here we have to keep in mind that to enhance the performance of PC, disk space should not be more than 80% used.
To remove the Unused or wrongly installed program:
i. Go to Control Panel,
ii. Go to Program and Features,
iii. Right click on the Program which you want to disable or uninstall.
2. Clear Out Start Up Programs: This is got to be the very common reason to slow down the PC. As time goes on we install new programs any many of them to make self-start up with windows and if you don’t close them after use you have every increasing number of programs which run in the background. To stop them:
For Window 8 or Above: Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Bar and open Start up Tab, where you can see all the program which start with windows.
For Window 7: Go to Start Menu -> Run (or press Window key+R) -> TYPE “msconfig” Startup and you will get start up the tab.
To disable the particular program, right click on that program and get Disable option.
3. Clear Out Start Up Services: Start up the tab is not the end of the story, many programs which installed called services are still program run in the background but we don’t necessarily see them. To disable the startup services-
i. Go to Start Menu ->Type Run and enter (or press Window Key+R)
ii. Type “services.msc” and Enter, You will get a list of all services under standard and extended tabs.
iii. Here you can do a right click on the automatic programs -> go to properties-> change the startup Type Tab-> Automatic to Manual.
So that only runs whenever you want it.
Note: Here one thing to notice that you need to disable automatic only to those services which you know that you don’t want to run in the background, not all the services.
4. Scanning for Viruses: If your computer is always running slow for no appear to reason, it is possible to have hidden harmful software running in the background. To get this rid off there are so many paid and free antivirus software are available in the market. The free version includes Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes and for Paid Antivirus Programs we recommend ESET, Quick heal. You need to install them and Turn on Full Scan. It can take the time to scan which depend on your PC memory.
5. Disabling Windows Animations: One of the ways you can do this
i. Go to Ease Of Access Center under Control Panel
ii. Go to make the computer easier to use
iii. Turn off all the unnecessary animation (when possible)
For more control here is one more option to choose the animation type:
i. Go to control panel
ii. Go to System and Security
iii. Go to System
iv. Go to Advance System Setting
v. Go to Performance Setting And you can choose types of animation to stop or to play.
6. Keep Everything Up to Date: This includes Window updates and software updates. The window itself has Up to Date Option. You just need to connect to the Internet and Go to Option of Window Updates. Software companies regularly work on updates like bug fixes and security updates. so next time doesn’t forget to update your PC up to date.
7. Check Power Setting: This one might seem down but hold on Check your power setting especially on Laptops, if they are in power saving mode it’s good to consume less power but will also slow down your PC considerably. You can choose between Balanced (Recommended) or High Performance instead of Power Saver Mode.
8. Check Drive Health / Status:
i. Go to Start Menu
ii. Type Command Prompt
iii. When Open Type wmic -> C:\Users\Owner Name\wmic
iv. After enter it will open wmic:root\cli
v. Now type “diskdrive get status”-> wmic:root\cli\diskdrive get status
vi. If it’s OK then there is no such issue.
vii. If other than OK than you check with computer hardware professionals
9. Check For Memory Issue: To do this Go to start Menu search for “Window Memory Diagnostic”
Now be careful because after you do that you don’t want to click restart later necessarily unless you want to restart now. So after you restart it’s going to boot “Window Memory Diagnostics Tool” and should just automatically start doing the memory check and tell you if anything comes up.
10. Reformat+Reinstall– Reformat the hard drive and Reinstall the window is obviously going to the most extreme option but if you getting a consistent issue and you can’t seems to fix, no matter what you tried a fresh installation of window is just to start a fresh like a new PC.